Honoring National Homelessness and Hunger Awareness Week for the fourth consecutive year, Dining with Dignity ...2 days, 15 hours ago ...
"TV networks may live and die on ratings and people screaming opinions at each other from two "sides," but our ...Nov. 14
Republican Phil Bryant is certainly not the first Mississippi governor to support a state's plan to secede from a multi-state ...Nov. 13
From the Wire
- National Takeaways so Far from House Public Impeachment Hearings
- National Supreme Court Lets Sandy Hook Shooting Lawsuit Go Forward
- National Judge Dismisses Trump Lawsuit Against NY Over Tax Returns
- Environment US Tells UN it is Pulling Out of Paris Climate Deal
- National Pence Rallies for Mississippi GOP Governor Candidate
The (ICE) field hearing touched on the impact of the raids on local economies, the cost of carrying them out, and back wages owed to workers, but it did not discuss the role of for-profit prison companies in immigration detention.
"Over the 25 years that we have lived in Mississippi, we have taken quite a ribbing. Whenever we told them of our children's successes, they always scoffed and said 'but it's Mississippi' as if that lessened the accomplishment."