Need to Know Info | Jackson Free Press | Jackson, MS

Need to Know Info

Water, sewer and sanitation services: Pay bills online at To turn services off or on, call 601-960-2000 or go to 1000 Metrocenter Mall, Suite 103. The office is open Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Service is generally connected within two to three business days. You can call the sewer division at 601-960-1875.

Electricity: Entergy (, 1-800-ENTERGY)

Gas: Atmos Energy (

Parking meters: operational Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.


Open Data portal:


Drivers Licenses

Department of Public Safety (1900 E. Woodrow Wilson Drive, 601-987-1281) Hinds County location (1101 Metrocenter Mall, Space #1, 601-352-6928) MHP Troop C Building (3851 Highway 468, Pearl, 601-420-6342)

What to Do About Potholes 
and Sinkholes

Report a pothole at 601-960-7684 or 
by texting 311.

Where to Find City Buildings 
and Departments

City Hall (219 S. President St., 601-960-1033)—City clerk, city council, mayor's office

Administration (200 S. President St., 601-960-1005)—planning and development, public works

Metrocenter Mall (1000 Metrocenter Mall, Suite 101)—offices for human and cultural services, parks and recreation, personnel management

Transit services/JATRAN (1785 Highway 80 W., 601-960-1909)

Police department (327 E Pascagoula St., 601-960-1234)—chief's office, municipal court

Hinds County Courthouse (407 E. Pascagoula St., downtown)

Support our reporting -- Become a JFP VIP.

The news business has changed dramatically in the past year, and we need your help more than ever to keep bringing you important stories about Jackson and the Metro. Become a JFP VIP with an annual membership or you can Sign up as a monthly supporter. Thanks for anything you can do to empower our journalism!


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

comments powered by Disqus