Finding fun in and around Jackson can be hard when you are under 21. Here's a list of places to go and things to do that you might not have thought about or haven't done in awhile. Some ideas may sound lame, but you never know unless you try it for yourself.
• Hang out at the Ross Barnett Reservoir: Barbeque, hang out, feed the ducks, play Frisbee or any other outdoor game. (If the name offends you, just call it "The Rez.")
• Go window-shopping: Try on random wigs, clothes, and dresses at different stores and take pictures.
• Explore the Mississippi Museum of Art (380 S. Lamar St., 601-960-1515): Visit the website (http://www.msmuseumart.org) to find out what exhibitions are now showing, or just walk in and take a look at some of the permanent collection for free.
• Ditto for the Mississippi Museum of Natural Science (2148 Riverside Drive, 601-354-7303): See all the wild animals, bugs, fish, and sea creatures, and take a walk on the nature trails.
• Head to a skating rink like Funtime Skateland of Pearl (123 Legion Lake Road, Pearl, 601- 939-0880).
• Make something: Try Harry the Potter (381 East Ridgeway St., Flowood, 601-992-7779) or Different Strokes (500 Highway 51, Ridgeland, 601-605-8114), choose an ornament or other object to paint, then get it glazed and take it home.
• Go play in the park: Swing on the swings, play hide and seek, fly a kite.
• Eat wings at Wingstop (multiple locations; go to http://www.wingstop.com for the nearest one) or eat for 50 cents each at Buffalo Wild Wings (808 Lake Harbour Drive, Ridgeland, 601-856-0789) on Tuesdays.
• Hang out at a coffee shop like Cups (multiple locations; go to http://www.cupsespressocafe.com for the nearest one) with friends and listen to live music.
• Play miniature golf at Mac & Bones Golf and Grill (1 Mac & Bones Blvd., Pearl, 601-932-4653) near the Tinseltown movie theater.
• Check out the Russell C. Davis Planetarium (201 E. Pascagoula St., 601-960-1550): Go see a sky show, laser light show or large-format film. Call or check out the website (http://www.jacksonms.gov/visitors/planetarium) for show times and titles.
• See a play at New Stage Theater (1100 Carlisle St., 601-948-3531) or other local theater.
• Go bowling at Cotton Bowl Lanes (3003 J.R. Lynch St., 601-354-5738) or Fannin Lanes (1145 Old Fannin Road, Brandon, 601-919-8001).
• Play Paintball: Mississippi has 15 paintball parks. Choose one to visit at http://www.infosports.com/paintball/MS.htm.
• Try a new restaurant: Whether it's a Mediterranean Grill or a Japanese steak house, try something new!
Between the ages of 18-20
• Have a hotel party.
• Go to a 18+ club.
• Rent the Friendship II party boat on the reservoir (Main Harbor Marina, Ridgeland, 601-862-3569).
• Rave a party at Pump it Up (1576 Old Fannin Road, Brandon, 601-992-5866) and jump and play on their inflatable party zone.
• Read random Facebook bios.
• Get together with friends and play a card game, board game, video game, or any other game.
• Rent a movie and have movie night.
• Get outside. Ride bikes, play soccer, basketball or tennis.
• Read the Jackson Free Press "Best Bets," events, live music and venue list sections and find something to do.