At noon today on WLEZ-FM 100.1, Mayor Harvey Johnson will join JFP editor Donna Ladd and publisher Todd Stauffer for a wide-ranging discussion covering issues currently facing Jackson and its citizens. Topics will likely include questions about "rebranding" Jackson, re-working the budget, issues facing JATRAN and other public services, and some of the development in Jackson that's pushing into the Hwy 80 corridor and midtown. You can listen over the air or live at www.wlezfm.com, or watch for the podcast later in the day at www.jfpradio.com.
Also, if you've got any questions you want us to ask, put them here in the comments or Tweet them and we'll try to get to them on the show.
- Todd Stauffer
What's the word on the convention center hotel and if mark small isn't able to make it happen, is there another developer ready to step in? Question 2 will the new skAtepark be built in downtown jackson. WhAt is the start date on the construction of the new jatrN facility. Thanks!
I'm curious to the possibilites of a commuter train between Jackson, Vicksburg, and Meridian. I know MDOT's Public Transit division was working on a proposal during the Melton Administration. Are they (Harvey Administration) interested in that project?
- Duan C.
More stories by this author
- Publisher’s Note: Jackson Free Press to Suspend Printing, Boost Online Presence
- JFP Up to 11 Wins in the 2021 SPJ Diamond Journalism, Green Eyeshade Contests
- PUBLISHER'S NOTE: On Hope, Travel and Award-Winning Journalism Teams
- PUBLISHER'S NOTE: Jackson’s Water Crisis, What Would Ditto Do?
- PUBLISHER'S NOTE: Celebrating the Best, Pandemic Style