Best of Jackson voting is divided into two stages—a nominations ballot and a final ballot. We must receive your mailed nominations ballot by Nov. 13, 2019, or you may submit it online by midnight on Nov. 15, 2019. If you opt for the paper ballot, you must tear it from your copy of the Jackson Free Press (no photocopies allowed). We will announce the finalists on Nov. 27, 2019, and then you can vote on the final ballot until midnight on Dec. 15, 2019.
Remember that Best of Jackson honors our locally owned businesses and personalities who live and work in the Jackson metro currently. Please vote only for the best local, authentic choices (see jfp.ms/bojlocal/ for more info on the rules and who is qualified), and "new" means it opened or started Dec. 1, 2018, or later.
READ FIRST: Please read before completing your ballot, as violations will disqualify your entire ballot and possibly your chance to win:
- You must nominate in at least 20 categories for your ballot to count. We will discard ballots that repeat the same vote in non-relevant categories.
- No photocopied ballots will be accepted. Your ballot must be this newsprint version or cast online at bestofjackson.com.
- Your ballot must include your real first and last name with local phone number and email address for verification (if needed). Do not ask friends and family from outside the Jackson metro area to nominate you or your business.
- Each voter must choose every nomination cast on his or her ballot; similar and identical ballots will be investigated and perhaps discarded.
- You are welcome to campaign by asking people to nominate you, but you must not offer financial incentives or discounts, set up computers or scripts with any votes pre-chosen, or ask to see someone's ballot.
- It is important to spell names correctly for nominations to count; take time to look them up or ask, please.
- Fraudulent ballots (using other people's names and contact information) will be discarded.
- No employees, full- or part-time, of Jackson Free Press Inc. are qualified to win Best of Jackson categories, and must not campaign on anyone's behalf.
- Violation of any of these rules causes immediate disqualification from being nominated for or winning Best of
- "New" indicates opened since Dec. 1, 2018.
VOTE ONLINE and see more rule explanations at www.bestofjackson.com.