Todd Stauffer is the publisher and co-founder of the Jackson Free Press and BOOM Jackson magazine. In the past, Todd Stauffer has worked as a technical writer and book author, magazine writer and TV/radio host. He grew up in Dallas, Texas, and current resides in Belhaven with Donna Ladd and her cats. He attended Texas A&M University.
The Jackson Free Press is 15 years old. It's still sinking in a little. No, it doesn't seem like "yesterday" to me when we started the JFP—because it's been a ...
Real solutions to violent crime start with understanding how we got to where we are—what's systemic about the problem—and what the best practices are for interrupting violence and setting young ...
We're deep into our 15th year of publishing as July 4th rolls around, which means we at the Jackson Free Press have being doing something else for a decade and ...
I've had a number of great conversations recently with local business people who are curious to see where our city is headed now that the primary is behind us, and ...
I've been saying it for a hot minute about Jackson, and particularly about creatives, professionals and local business interests in Jackson—we need to get organized.
There's a word for what Jackson has developed for certain industries, especially food, medical-technology, nonprofit and government work, even law—it's an "ecosystem."
Some exciting things are happening in technology and entrepreneurship in Jackson this year.
By identifying kids and their needs when they start getting in trouble, and then interrupting that pattern and getting them "wraparound" services, you give them a better chance at making ...
This year, unlike any I remember, many of us—polls suggest it's a majority of Americans—will watch with a new level of trepidation. And we wonder, "What, exactly, should we give ...
Episcopal priests in Mississippi no longer need to seek the bishop's permission to perform weddings for same-sex couples.
You hold in your hands (or you're viewing online) the culmination of many months' worth of planning and effort—the 2015 Best of Jackson issue.
We can work together—even through our shopping and end-of-year purchases—to create a prosperous new year for Jackson.
People who have authority over you can tell you what to do; people who offer leadership make you want to follow them, and they tend to make you feel safe.
Local businesses help us build and keep wealth in our community.
Every time we choose a local business, we’re making a choice to help enrich our local area.
This past week, the American Family Association put out an "action item" that accuses the "We Don't Discriminate" campaign of being ... discriminatory.
In cities around the country, the focus for downtowns is on small business—not big projects.
This week, soon after we ship this issue to the printer, we're packing up our office and moving to downtown Jackson—our first move in almost a decade.
- New Restaurant in District @ Eastover: 'Fine and Dandy'
- Boil Water Lifted for Most Jackson ZIPs
- City Responds to Hinds County Emergency Declaration
- Casino-Mogul Trump Going Against the Odds With 'Muslim Ban'
- Millsaps Issues Statement on Trump's Immigration Order
- Roll-Off Dumpster Day on February 4
- JTRAN Buses Shut Down By Weather
- Blues Marathon Traffic Advisories for Jan. 9
- Variety Says Trump to Remain Executive Producer of Celebrity Apprentice
- Welcome Brian Stauffer to Jackson
- NSA Chief: 'Nation State' Interfered in U.S. Election
- Elizabeth Warren's Message to Supporters
- Boil Water Notice for Eastover Streets
- Board of Trustees Accepts Resignation from President of Jackson State University
- City Announces Sewer Line Repair on Woodrow Wilson
- Watch Marvel's Doctor Strange Premiere Live
- Mississippi Craft Brewers and Mississippi Beer Distributors Agree on On-Premises Sales Bill
- Town Hall with Dr. Kai Smith
- Jackson Launching New Water Bill Portal Aug 1
- Verbatim Statement by Attorney General Jim Hood on HB 1523
- Supreme Court Upholds Race-Aware Admissions
- JFP Wins 'Best in Division' in 66th Annual Green Eyeshade Awards
- John Oliver Starts Miss. Company; Buys and Forgives $15m in Medical Debt
- VIDEO: One on One With Chief Vance
- Zoo Blues Goes Forward Despite the Weather
- JPS Adopts LGBT-Inclusive Employment Policy
- JXN Trailblazers - New 'Museum Trail' Video
- Crossroads Film Society Issues Statement on HB 1523
- Corporate CEOs Call on Bryant, GOP Leaders to Repeal HB 1523
- Jackson Mayor: 'We Will Not Discriminate'
- Mississippi Manufacturers Association to Bryant: Veto the Anti-LGBT Bill
- Mayor Yarber Among the 'Tweet Elite'
- Updated: Visual Guide to Super Tuesday & Results
- "WAJ" - Street Paving, Infrastructure Discussion With Coordinator Lacey Reddix
- 'Taking Back Our Community' Meeting Planned for Thursday in South Jackson
- Will Farish Street Have a New Developer Soon?
- Saints Week 3 Game Review: Reasons for Optimism in Week 4
- For the Saints, Scoring Slowly Is (Almost) More Important Than Scoring
- LIVEBLOG: Run-Off Results - Jackson and Hinds County
- Sandra Bland Traffic Stop Video Hits YouTube
- #FlagMyths: 'The Civil War Was Fought Over... Tariffs'
- Mississippi #1 in How Far a Hundred Bucks Stretches
- Bernie Sanders... Frontrunner?
- Pothole Report (and Resurfacing) for June 29
- Rev. C.J. Rhodes' Open Letter to Speaker Philip Gunn
- Haley Barbour Is Not Offended By The State Flag
- Has 'Us vs. Them' Politics Taken Its Toll on Conservatism?
- Thinking About Drinking - This Friday
- Two Charter Schools in NOLA Closing
- Ole Miss Alumni Not Happy With Jones Non-Renewal
- T-P: Saints Trading Jimmy Graham to Seattle
- Winter Advisory - Jackson Bridge Closings
- Attorney General Warns of Phishing Scam Targeted Mac Users
- Josh Robinson Confirms He'll Enter NFL Draft
- Stanford: Gun Carry Laws Linked To Increase in Violent Crime 1 comment
- MS GOP Response to McDaniel: Er ... Try Court?
- Missouri GOP Wants To Know if Henry Barbour Is Behind 'Racist' Anti-McDaniel Ads 2 comments
- Watch the Trailer for "A Mississippi Love Story"
- U.S. Loses 0-1, Advances in World Cup
- Chism Strategies Poll: McDaniel Leads Likely GOP Voters By 8 Points
- AFA Edits Their Alert; Now Blames Gays for Fooling Businesses
- Another GOP Governor Plans Medicaid Expansion
- Live Tweeting the #jxnmayor Run-off
- Live Tweeting the #jxnmayor Returns
- Flood Warning for Pearl River at Jackson
- Union Endorsing Chokwe Antar Lumumba
- #JxnMayor Candidates at #StPaddysJXN
- Robocall Discourages Margaret Barrett-Simon From Running
- Social Media Responds to Lumumba's Death
- Richard Sherman: 'Thug' = Racial Epithet 2 comments
- JFP Beer Fridge #6: Schlafly APA
- Does 'Open Carry' Actually Increase Gun Violence?
- The AFA Warned Us! Polgamy Now Legal and It's the Gays' Fault
- 12/29 Saliva Show Cancelled
- Beer Fridge #5: Napa Smith Lost Dog
- Obamacare Proving an Early Success in... Kentucky?
- Nunnelee and Palazzo Voted Against Reopening Government, Paying The Country's BIlls
- Chicago Tribune: Josh Marks' Death Ruled a Suicide
- Beer Fridge #4: Samuel Adams Octoberfest
- Beer Fridge #3: Steven's Point Six Hop IPA
- Is This What The Water Will Look Like? 2 comments
- Beer Fridge #2: Lazy Magnolia Deep South Pale Ale
- Beer Fridge #1: Devil's Harvest Extra Pale Ale 1 comment
- President Obama's Remarks on Boston Marathon Bombing
- Did you Know... We've Already Done $2.4 Trillion in Deficit Reduction
- Conservative Judge Makes the Case for Gun Control
- Live Video: Obama Makes Statement on the Fiscal Cliff
- More Guns, More Violence... Is There a Connection? 9 comments
- Updated Video: See Obama Address on Connecticut Shooting
- Florida Governor Repeats Same Words Over and Over to Avoid Questions About Long Lines at Polls
- Live Blog: Obama Re-Elected 1 comment
- JFP Guide to Watching the Results Tonight 2 comments
- Special Olympian's Response to Ann Coulter's Rank Stupidity
- Obama: There's a Word for Romney's Flip-Flops: 'Romnesia'
- Barbour Criticizes Obama on Deficit... Then Criticizes Him for Budget Cuts
- Blodget: 'Here's the Problem With Our Economy'
- So, Speaking of Jobs...
- Why is the GOP Obsessed with the Word 'Terrorism' in the Libya Attacks?
- GOP Strategists Concerned the Romney Campaign is 'Incoherent' 8 comments
- Salon: 'Paul Ryan Didn't Build That'
- I Love This Video From the JPL 'Mission Control' During Mars Landing
- Concert at The Cedars Rescheduled for Monday
- Feds Identify Gunman in Denver 'Batman' Shooting
- Small Biz Federation Has a 'Context' Problem
- Barbour to Romney: 'I Would.' .... O RLY?
- MSNBC's Extended Shout-out to JFP 2 comments
- Holder: Texas Voter ID is a 'Poll Tax' 1 comment
- Finally... A Fish-Shaped Cat Litter Box 1 comment
- Rick Perry Set to Refuse 'Obamacare' in Texas 1 comment
- Did Jackson's Population Actually Grow in 2011? 3 comments
- Bush Library 'Straw Poll' Gives Romney Big Lead
- Workflowy is Fantastic for Getting Sorta-Organized
- Salon Calls Out Mississippi
- C-L's Love Letter to Haley 2 comments