The Southern Poverty Law Center has announced a settlement of its federal lawsuit alleging that ...23 hours, 35 minutes ago ...
Despite a controversial $1.5 billion tax cut prompting fierce debate on education funding, state employee salaries, grocery taxes and lottery ...Feb. 26
As tax day approaches, hundreds of thousands of families who enrolled in plans through the insurance marketplaces could be stuck ...Feb. 26
Art and artists on display from Fischer Galleries, Sanders McNeal Studio and Gallery, Lightsey Galleries, Attic Gallery and Art Space ...
From the Wire
- National DC Legalizes Pot in Capital, Despite Threats from Congress
- National Homeland Security Bill Moves in Senate While House in Limbo
- World Ukraine, Rebels Start Pulling Back Heavy Weapons in the East
- World Cyber Threats Expanding, New US Intelligence Assessment Says
- World Ukraine Disputes Rebel Claim that Weapons Pullback Begins
Well-known in progressive political circles, Cristen Hemmins and Joce Prtichett today announced that they would run for elected office. In ...Feb. 26
- 3 More Rankin Countians Sentenced for Hate Crime Against Black Jackson Man
- Familiar Jackson Faces Still Lining Up for State Democratic Primary
- Attorney General Warns of Phishing Scam Targeted Mac Users
- The Arts Blog New Stage Theatre Has a New Website
- City: Public Works Director Orders Temporary Halt to New Water Meter Installations
- Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves: "We Protect Your Rights"
As Mississippi leaders study ways to deal with the state's crumbling highways and bridges, declining federal funds aren't helping the situation.
A strong part of Mississippi's literary heritage rests on the legacies of Eudora Welty and Margaret Walker Alexander. The two women share a simple yet striking commonality: the gift of words.
From the moment they pick up an instrument, most musicians dream of performing for thousands of adoring fans. With Waka Winter Classic, that dream gets a little closer to reality.
As a gynecologic oncologist, I want women to know there are many treatment options for cervical cancer, and that it is almost completely preventable with regular screenings and vaccinations.
Girl Scouts have been selling cookies for almost 50 years to raise money for the organization and to teach the girls goal-setting and people skills.
Looking to bolster their fading playoff hopes, the Charlotte Hornets reinvigorated the careers of two of Mississippi's all-time greats in the process.