The fate of Uber is clearer after the Jackson City Council voted 3 to 1 ...2 hours, 51 minutes ago ...
Upward of 30 Jacksonians, fresh off work, gathered inside the Chokwe Lumumba Center for Economic Democracy and Development Monday night ...Feb. 9
Fondren's First Thursday, a popular monthly event in Jackson, has been reinvented this year to be better than ever before.Feb. 9
From the Wire
- College AP Source: 13 Ole Miss NCAA Allegations Involve Football
- National Trump and Sanders win New Hampshire Primaries
- Civil Rights Officers Oppose Delay of Their Trials in Freddie Gray Case
- LGBT Kim Davis Obeying Orders in Gay Marriage Case, Judges Rules
- World Intelligence Officials: IS Determined to Strike US This Year
With only four council members present tonight, the bill passed 3-to-1, with Councilman De'Keither Stamps voted against it. Follow @jxnfreepress ...Feb. 9
- David Banner Bringing 'GodBox' Lecture Series Home to Thalia Mara Hall
- Moe's Southwest Grill Returning to Jackson
- 'Taking Back Our Community' Meeting Planned for Thursday in South Jackson
- Yarber Endorses Hillary Clinton for Dem Nomination
- Fantasy Sports Site Offers 'Live Fantasy' Game for GOP Debate
- UN Working Group That Came to Jackson Files Report on Racism, Discrimination, Xenophobia, Afrophobia
With little debate in committee or on the floor, the Mississippi House of Representatives cleared the way for $274 million in tax breaks to help two large-scale developments in the state.
When Caren Zucker learned that her son, Mickey, had autism in 1996, she was ushered into a dark, misunderstood corner of the medical world.
At a time when racial, social, and economic tensions seem to be at an all-time high, Jackson-based hip-hop artist Jason Thompson, who performs as PyInfamous, wants to offer a slightly different perspective: one of "us" and not "them."
The most common new year's resolution I hear in my office is, not surprisingly, better health—but making it happen proves difficult for many people.
The food and drink offerings at Fenian's Pub have changed in recent months, since new head chef and general manager Ryan Cassell overhauled and upgraded the menu.
With his prolific passing and complete control of the game at the line of scrimmage, Peyton Manning helped usher in the NFL's wide-open era of high-scoring offenses and pass-happy game plans.