As Gov. Phil Bryant cut state budgets by $51 million last week, he and Republican ...4 hours, 48 minutes ago ...
From Jackson to Biloxi to the Delta, Mississippi Celebrates Dr. King's Birthday, National Day of Healing, Racial Unity
Participate in Mississippi events and activities related to Dr. King's birthday, the National Day of Healing and responses to the ...Jan. 15
Gov. Phil Bryant selected Sen. Joey Fillingane, R-Sumrall, and Rep. Andy Gipson, R-Braxton, to represent the Mississippi Senate and House ...2 hours, 49 minutes ago ...
Chokwe Antar Lumumba says that addressing crime in a comprehensive way means getting to the core systemic issues that lead ...Jan. 11
From the Wire
- Person of the Day Martin Luther King Jr.
- National Inauguration in Sight, Trump Continues Twitter Assault
- National EU Nations React with Surprise, Defiance to Trump Remarks
- National China State Media Call Trump's Taiwan Strategy 'Despicable'
- National Outgoing CIA Chief Rips into Trump on Russia Threat
No disrespect to the other three NFL Playoff games in the Divisional Round, but the Green Bay Packers at the ...Jan. 14
- UPDATED: Biloxi Mayor Says City Must Change "Great American's Day" in Ordinance to MLK Day
- Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves: DeVos Will Bring 'Sense of Urgency' to Public Ed
- Virgi Lindsay to Run for Jackson City Council Ward 7
- Natchez Publisher Promotes To-the-death 'Rodeo' for Black Youth, Age 13+
- World Cup Expanding From 32 to 48 Teams in 2026
- MSU Hires Fourth Defensive Coordinator in Four Years
Attorney General Jim Hood is calling on the Legislature to increase funding for the Mississippi Department of Mental Health as a part of his legislative priorities this session.
From Jackson to Biloxi to the Delta, Mississippi Celebrates Dr. King's Birthday, National Day of Healing, Racial Unity | City & County
A large geometric shield sits in a corner, the word "SUBMIND" projected on it. Local artist daniel johnson, who does not capitalize his name, stands in front of a crowd and warns them that anyone who has epilepsy should not ...
Ever since Aretha Henry started recording music in 2008, she says her songwriting has leaned toward being a bit moody. "(It's) sometimes feathery with a little edge, sometimes sweet and mellow, but it's always moody," the Camden, Miss., native says.
On a frigid day in December, the slightly warm air inside one of the high tunnels, also known as natural greenhouses, at Foot Print Farms in Jackson contrasts the chilly air outside.
On the first floor of the Walter Sillers building in downtown Jackson, diners whip in and out of bōl on their way to and from work in their offices. For these guests, lunch is often compressed into a fraction of ...
Over in the AFC, one of Prescott's former teammates had a solid rookie season for the Kansas City Chiefs. Defensive tackle Chris Jones left MSU after his junior season, and the Chiefs drafted him with the 37th overall pick in ...
As Americans celebrate the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr., civil rights leaders and activists are trying to reconcile the transition from the nation's first black president to a president-elect still struggling to connect with most non-white voters.