Mississippi regulators plan to discuss at a Tuesday meeting how to obey a state Supreme ...6 hours, 48 minutes ago ...
A crowd of more than 50 people gathered on the steps of the Mississippi Capitol this morning, armed with Confederate ...July 6
The depth of support for bringing down the Confederate flag gets its first test in the South Carolina Legislature this ...July 6
Jason Isbell and Holly Williams performed an outdoor concert at the community of Livingston (between Madison and Flora). The concert ...
"To describe its symbolism, the 21 stars are there to represent the 21 known tribes native to Mississippi. There are ...
From the Wire
- World Iran Pushes for End to Arms Embargo in Nuke Deal
- National South Carolina Lawmakers Return for Confederate Flag Debate
- World UN Rights Body Backs Call for Accountability in Gaza War
- National Hispanic Leaders Want GOP Field to Condemn Trump's 'Idiocy'
- World Germany Wants Quick Clarification of New NSA Spy Allegations
He may not be leading money totals or straw polls, but Senator Bernie Sanders apparently did something that no other ...July 2
- In 1860, 49% of White Families in Mississippi Owned Slaves, Who Outnumbered White Folks Here
- How Mississippians Voted in 2001 on the State Flag: The Numbers
- 3 Counties in Mississippi Are Not Issuing Same-Sex Marriage Licenses
- Resignation over Retirement: Circuit Clerk Resigns because She Won’t Issue Same-Sex Marriage Licenses Due to ‘Religious Beliefs’
- Pothole Report (and Resurfacing) for June 29
- NAE Takes Jesus Out Of Context on 'Definition' of Marriage
A crowd of more than 50 people gathered on the steps of the Mississippi Capitol this morning, armed with Confederate flags.
"Go Set a Watchman," the second novel by "To Kill a Mockingbird" author Harper Lee, will finally be out July 14.
Jackson musician Eli Begitta is the sole member of Lost Puppet Society, an indie-electronica project that he admits started from being "the geeky computer kid with too much time on his hands."
Lizabeth "Beth" Thrasher and her husband, Chris Thrasher, are the operators of Wingfield High School's Vector Jiu-Jitsu program. The couple refers to their domain behind the school's auditorium as "The 600 Square Feet of Truth."
The beer tasting has become an annual tradition we look forward to here at the Jackson Free Press. This year, we partnered with Raise Your Pints and LD's BeerRun to do the tasting. Here are our findings.
Striking out is not meant to be celebrated. Aaron Holbert, manager of the Mississippi Braves, should know this. He has been in professional baseball for 25 years.