The Gertrude Ford Foundation not pulling back its $20 million pledge to the University of ...3 hours, 13 minutes ago ...
The Obama administration has barred medical providers and insurers from discriminating based on gender in treatments or access to facilities ...Sept. 4
Rap artist Afroman has been given a suspended six-month jail sentence, fined $330 and ordered to undergo anger management and ...Sept. 4
From the Wire
- National US Promising Help to Keep Iran in Check in Middle East
- LGBT With Clerk Jailed, Gay Kentucky Couple Gets Marriage License
- National Los Angeles City Council Poised to Vote on 2024 Olympic Plan
- World UNESCO Chief: IS Destruction of Syrian Temple 'Intolerable'
- World Pope: Priests in Holy Year Can Absolve 'Sin of Abortion'
JFP BlogsThe Arts Blog
Today, Sept. 3 is gearing up to be quite a day for the Jackson arts community. Fondren's First Thursday begins ...Sept. 3
- Two More Charter Schools Coming to Jackson
- Dan Aykroyd: Mississippi Gun Violence Exceeeds Most of the Entire Western World
- Mayor Yarber Issues Statement on Best Buy Closing
- Jackson State University Has Housed All Students on Wait List
- $14.6 Million Tax-Forfeited Property Sale Starts Aug. 27
- Unofficial Totals: Sykes Beats Begley, McGowan Over Stringfellow, McQuirter Shakes Archie; Coleman Wins
Mayor Tony Yarber is opening up. Specifically, his administration is developing an open-data policy for the City of Jackson.
After nearly $9,000 out of pocket in renovation, Ron Chane is today unveiling The Wonder Lab, a collection of studio spaces that he hopes will be a springboard for Jackson creatives.
As the director of B.B. King Recording Studio and chairman of the Fine Arts Department at Mississippi Valley State University in Itta Bena, Alphonso Sanders wanted to acknowledge more than King's music.
The Mississippi Children's Museum is now helping kids learn more about Japanese culture with the "Hello from Japan!" traveling exhibit.
Before arriving at GASCO, Ty Thames first had to compete against the likes of Parlor Market's Matthew Kajdan and Hal & Mal's Ryan Bell, among others, for the title of the King of Mississippi Seafood.
Former USM sprinter Tori Bowie has gone from tiny Sandhill, Miss., to challenging the best women sprinters for the top spot.
Rap artist Afroman has been given a suspended six-month jail sentence, fined $330 and ordered to undergo anger management and impulse behavior counseling for punching a woman who jumped on a stage during a concert earlier this year.