The mood shift in the old Mississippi Supreme Court room was palpable last week when ...31 minutes ago ...
The Jackson City Council decided today to hire outside counsel to represent its interests in the sexual and race harassment ...Aug. 30
Jackson restaurant Char Restaurant will add a new private dining area by December 2016, combining the current building with the ...Aug. 30
From the Wire
- Crime Sisters Margaret Held and Paula Merrill
- National Agriculture Closes Offices in 5 States After Threats
- Civil Rights Justice Dept. Focuses on Police Treatment of Mentally Ill
- Civil Rights Kaepernick's Decision to Sit Through Anthem Scrutinized
- Immigration Trump's Deportation Waffle Highlights Campaign Weaknesses
The first weekend of college-football action begins on Thursday, Sept. 1, with five games kicking off at 6 p.m. and ...Aug. 30
- Before Kaepernick, There was Abdul-Rauf
- Speaker Gunn Appoints New Appropriations Chairman
- NCAA Still Looking into Rebels Football Program
- Mississippi Native Headed to Rio for Paralympic Games
- Food Blog The Palette Café Unveils New Menu
- Trump Calls Clinton a 'Bigot' While Rallying to Whites in Mississippi
In honor of Women's Equality Day last Friday, WalletHub released its "Best and Worst States for Women's Equality" study, which looked at education, workplace and political environments for women in all 50 states.
I cannot step into my leadership—my calling—without taking my team with me. We must all rise together. This realization and this bold honesty has transformed me. I am convinced that I will be a better leader and a better servant ...
Mary Anna Malich, who lives in Chicago, and her daughter, Beth Ann Fennelly, a resident of Oxford, Miss., had recently driven into Jackson from Memphis. Then Malich sat on a cushioned seat in the state capitol's rotunda as her daughter ...
If you haven't heard of Jackson's guitar-based pop quartet Lisbon Deaths yet, don't feel too bad—the band is only about six months old. However, the musicians are no strangers to the local music scene. Instead, they are returning to it ...
There's Fondren's First Thursday, and there's Third Thursday at the Mississippi Museum of Art. Now, the midtown neighborhood has joined in the fray with its ongoing monthly arts and business showcase, Final Friday.
Lee Williams Jr., a Jackson native, desired to create a business where he could combine two things he loved: food and sports.
The New Orleans Saints are trying to fix a defense that was terrible last season. It was one of the worst in the history of the NFL, but this preseason offered a chance to improve the unit.