After meeting with Mayor Chokwe A. Lumumba this morning, Gov. Phil Bryant said today that ...5 hours ago ...
When this newspaper started 15 years ago this week, promising a rising creative class in Jackson on its cover, the ...3 hours, 39 minutes ago ...
Jackson Public Schools started the week of Sept. 11 facing a possible takeover and ended with its fate in Gov. ...6 hours, 48 minutes ago ...
From the Wire
- Health Care GOP Senator Defends Health Bill Against Kimmel's Attacks
- Health Care Study: Most States Would Take a Hit from GOP Health Bill
- Politics Nations Start Signing Nuke Ban Treaty Opposed by Big Powers
- Health Care One Last Last Chance: GOP Strains for Obamacare Repeal Votes
- World 7.1 Magnitude Quake Kills 61 as Buildings Collapse in Mexico
After meeting with Mayor Chokwe A. Lumumba this morning, Gov. Phil Bryant said today that he does not plan to "rush judgment" on the Mississippi Board of Education's proposal to take over Jackson Public Schools, which awaits his signature.
Zachary Salter, who performs as Tara Shay Montgomery, says his drag persona is an extension of his own personality.
Fans of The Avett Brothers might not have to find the band in such high spirits based on the title of their ninth album, "True Sadness."
"Gone But Not Forgotten" by Benny Andrews will be one of the pieces on display during the "Picturing Mississippi, 1817-2017: Land of Plenty, Pain, and Promise" exhibit at the Mississippi Museum of Art.
"When people see my cake jars, and they see purple towels or purple spoons, they already know that’s Cakes by Crystal."
Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen—now in his ninth season—is used to the gauntlet the SEC provides on a yearly basis.