The 2013 Best of Jackson ballot appears in the Jackson Free Press today and will be live soon at bestofjackson.com. Due to the exploding popularity of Best of Jackson, the rules are updated this year. Please read the rules below before completing ballot as violations will disqualify your entire ballot and possibly your chance to win:
- You must vote in at least 20 categories for your ballot to count. We will discard ballots that repeat the same vote in non-relevant categories. You may only vote once; all ballots will be discarded if you cast more than one ballot with different names/email addresses, and you will be disqualified from placing in the Best of Jackson competition.
- No photocopied ballots will be accepted. Your ballot must be this newsprint version or cast at bestofjackson.com.
- Your ballot must include your real first and last name with local phone number (including area code) and email address for verification if needed. Do not ask friends and family from outside the Jackson metro to vote for Best of Jackson.
- Each voter must choose every vote cast on his/her ballot; similar and identical ballots will be investigated and possibly discarded.
- You are welcome to campaign by asking people to vote for you, but must not offer financial incentives or discounts to get them to vote, set up computers or scripts with any votes pre-chosen, or ask to see someone’s ballot.
- It is important to spell names correctly for votes to count; take time to look them up or ask, please.
- Fraudulent ballots (using other people’s names and contact information) will be discarded. Do not fill out a ballot for anyone else or suggest a slate of votes.
- No employees, full- or part-time, of Jackson Free Press Inc. are qualified to win or place in Best of Jackson categories, and must not campaign on anyone’s behalf.
- Violation of any of these rules causes immediate disqualification from winning current and future Best of Jackson awards.
VOTE and see more rule explanation at bestofjackson.com.