Francis Smith calls himself a non-politician. The pastor of Total Praise and Worship on Cedar Lane in south Jackson is taking to the campaign trail this spring though, as an ...
De'Keither Stamps has worn many hats: farmer, Marine, Army patrolman, veteran's advocate and public speaker. This summer, he hopes to add Ward 4 Jackson city councilman to that list.
Local musician Sherman Lee Dillon is trying to raise money to turn the former home of Trumpet Records into a museum and recording studio.
When Charles Alexander first ran for the Jackson City Council Ward 5 seat in 2005, he was just 29 years old. Two defeats later, Alexander is back on the ballot ...
C Spire named Ole Miss' Marshall Henderson and Mississippi State's Martha Alwal the state's best college basketball players Monday at the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame.
The People's Assembly Task Force hosted eight candidates for mayor of Jackson Saturday in the first public forum of the 2013 election season.
Once again, the Mississippi Legislature has left Jackson Mayor Harvey Johnson Jr. with a local-option sales-tax law he refuses to implement.
March Madness officially begins as NCAA teams begin conference tournaments over the next seven days.
Syrena Johnson never thought anyone evaluating scholarship applicants would even give her a second look.
- Former JPD Officers Sentenced in Drug Sting
- Smith to Announce Mayoral Candidacy
- Infringement on Freedom is Never Minor
- U.S. Begins World Cup Qualifiers: What to Watch
- Looking for Mayoral Candidates to Interview
- City, Stewpot Offer Emergency Shelter
- Group Rallies to Demand Bryant Retract Statement on Voter ID
- Halloween Company Uses Sexual Ads for Children's Costumes
- Letter to Sheriff's Department
- City Issues Boil Water Notice
- Pearl Teen Still Needs Kidney Transplant
- NFL Refs Are Back
- Frank Bluntson, Twitter Trend Setter?
- Videos from Flaming Lips 24-Hour Tour
- Live From the Road: Flaming Lips' 24-Hour Tour 3 comments
- Sagging Pants: Unsightly, sure, but illegal?
- Lumumba to Run for Mayor
- Developing the Best Jackson