Jeremy Jungling wants you to get out there and run in 2014.
Photo by Trip Burns.
If one of your goals for 2014 is to hit the ground running (literally), consider these tips from Jeremy Jungling (and see page 3 for more of his story).
• Just do it. Don't overthink it. It's just running.
• Join a training group.
• Make a plan and set a goal race.
• Volunteer or spectate at a race.
• Ask runners questions; they love to share.
• Get the right gear. Make sure you're fitted for shoes and have technical fabrics.
• Celebrate small victories like your first full mile, first 5K, etc.
• Learn proper nutrition. Fuel properly.
• Cross train.
• Don't compare yourself to other runners or set unreasonable expectations for yourself.