Some members of Opposite Day are playing Chick Ball.
The members of Opposite Day will be the youngest people at this year's JFP Chick Ball. Sisters Griffin Jones, 15, on guitar and Beth Ann Jones, 12, on bass front the band that features their dad, Spencer Jones, on the drums. The Jones sisters have been performing together for about a year now.
- When they aren't playing music, Griffin and Beth Ann love to play video games. Griffin's favorites right now are Soul Calibur, Skyrim and Minecraft.
- So far, Opposite Day has had two performances, one at a friend's at a New Year's Eve party and the other at a birthday party.
- Opposite Day only plays cover songs right now. At the Chick Ball, the band plans to play the "Powerpuff Girls" theme song and songs by The Who and the Dixie Chicks.
- The Jones girls like to read comic books, their favorite of which are from Marvel. They are looking forward to seeing "The Amazing Spiderman."
- Both Griffin and Beth Ann are in the Power APAC program for music. Griffin plays the cello, and Beth Ann plays the upright bass.
- According to Griffin, the ultimate rock 'n' roll bands are probably Led Zeppelin and the Foo Fighters.
- "We're completely supportive of the no-domestic-violence cause," Griffin says. "We're totally like 'Chick Ball rocks!'"