A Mississippi school board is apologizing after the superintendent was quoted saying the district might ...11 hours, 26 minutes ago ...
The state budget, expanding Medicaid and social-justice issues were hot topics at a town-hall meeting the Hinds County members of ...Sept. 30
The Jackson Police Department and the Mississippi State Fair Commission say they are confident there will not be a repeat ...Sept. 30
Fairs tend to attract people from all over the nation, and many of them have interesting foods to try.Sept. 28
From the Wire
- National FBI Director: Database Coming on Police Use of Deadly Force
- National Houston Authorities: 6 Wounded in Shooting; Suspect Dead
- National Mall Shooting Suspect: 'Creepy,' Multiple Arrests, Disputes
- National Debate Night: Clinton, Trump Set for High-Stakes Showdown
- National Charlotte Ends Curfew Imposed After Black Man Shot by Police
JFP BlogsFood Blog
Calling all "Gilmore Girls" fans! In honor of the original air date of the show's first episode, Deep South Pops ...Sept. 30
- Corrections and Mental Health Departments Team Up To Reduce Recidivism
- Christopher Freeze Named Special Agent in Charge of Jackson Division
- Marc Rowe Camp Player Interviews and Afternoon Session
- DOJ: Jackson Police Officer Indicted on Bribery Charges
- Marc Rowe’s Basketball Camp Morning Session
- Council to Consider Cutting Constituent Services from Mayor's Office
The Jackson City Council approved adjustments to the final 2017 City budget today, including an additional $996,173 for the police department to cover overtime on the last paychecks of 2016.
With the recent extrajudicial killings, i.e. murders, of Alton Sterling, Philando Castile, Paul O'Neal, Tyre King, Terence Crutcher and Keith Lamont Scott, as well as the attempted murder of Charles Kinsey, the unpleasant reality of the one-sided relationship between criminal ...
The Center Players Community Theatre, an organization that operates in the Madison Square Center for the Arts, will do a production of "The Wizard of Oz" Sept. 29 through Oct. 2.
For Texas-based indie pop-rock quartet Great Shapes, the band was something of a happy accident.
Lori Newcomb was diagnosed with stage III ovarian cancer in 2013. She says that while stage III is pretty far along to be diagnosed, it is not uncommon among ovarian-cancer patients because the symptoms are difficult to detect.
Like most state fairs, the Mississippi State Fair isn't exactly the place where you can always find the healthiest food. But why would you want to? Most people go for a day or two, and they want to have fun ...
In sports, the word "greatest" gets thrown around a lot. Just do a quick Google search, and you will find articles from the greatest football quarterback to the greatest badminton player.